This is baguio welcoming you to this site.

SEARCH ENGINE

Google

Saturday, March 22, 2008

My Thoughts........

When I first took my seat as acting city director of DILG Baguio, I had mixed emotions, sad that my mentor and friend is leaving, happy that finally, I am given the opportunity to prove my worth, apprehensive that I may not be worthy of the trust and confidence of higher ups. Afraid that I may not measure up or to be at par with the accomplishments of my predecessor or that I may fall short of the expectations of the people who are depending on me for guidance. Suddenly, I felt the weight of the responsibility given to me, it was like I was carrying the world on my shoulders. Anxiety hit me. My only consolation then was that, I knew many before me has taken the seat or a similar one and many for sure experienced what I was going through but in the end, they did good. I remembered the adage that goes this way "If others can, why can't I? or if others cant, I can". That night I prayed that GOD continue to hold my hands and we both take this life's journey together. I was reminded of what my mother used to tell me a long time back "God, will never give you something that you can not carry" "everything that happens is god's will and it happens for a purpose". As a child I believed in "destiny" and still do, that everything that happens do happen because it was destiny and it was meant to be. It's the route to that DESTINY that man can make changes but the end is still the destiny made for you.

Similarly, events of 2008 were all in accordance with GOD'S WILL. During the early months of 2008, I assisted in the conduct of the Liga ng mga Barangay pre elections and election activities. I was determined to stay just on the sidelines, be an expectator and watch the event happen. But circumstances has it that I need to play my role and make things happen and so I did.

I was a witness to the pains, joy and sorrow of the contenders for the Liga presidency of Baguio, friendships broken, betrayal of close friends, loyalties bared, uncertainty and discovering the "true colors" of people around. Relatives went against each other. Confusion and doubt clouded the minds of the Punong barangays, it was truly a difficult time for them, as they struggled within theirselves..in their hearts to stay morally upright and protect their integrity or to bend and join the majority. But it was likewise a good time for some, as they enjoyed the privileges accorded them. It was the time that they learned to know who is who and whom to trust and not to. The tension among comrades was so intense and distrust creeped in, in their hearts.. they seem to believe that this is no time for trust. No one said anything to anyone.. CODE OF SILENCE.. contenders were sizing each other up as the game took its upward turn, sleepless nights, anxiety and uncertainty were all part of it, these were small prizes for becoming the next liga president. It was likewise a difficult time for me not because of the work it entailed but of the doubts of all the contenders that was thrown my way. I didnt blame them neither did I understand why until recently, when a friend of mine took pains to explain and make me percieve it at a different angle, did I begin to discern their reason. I was caught at the middle then and i am supposed to stay at the middle becoz that was what was expected of me... but I had my preference all along. Destiny and fate played its part.

I thought my work was done but I was wrong, I suddenly realized there was more to be done, more to look forward to and more horizons to discover. I and my friend started the ball rolling, there was so much to be done, so many things to think about. We had to do our part, to pave the way for DESTINY to set in, and we did.

I learned so much and gained a lot of acquaintances, and a one true friend. It was one experience I wouldn't have wanted to miss.

2 comments:

Jena Isle said...

a touching experience. Kudos to you, Acting DILG City Director!

tashabud said...

Powerfully written. I definitely lived through your life's journey as I read your writing. Congratulations on your promotion. A great achievement!

Referral 3