This is baguio welcoming you to this site.

SEARCH ENGINE

Google

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Honorables treated Dishonorably?

I am basically a restless animal clothed in human finery. There is so much passion inside that needed to be unleashed... the passion to achieve what i set to do and do it perfectly. I don't claim to be a perfectionist neither do I admit to be a pessimist but definitely am an optimist thus, i often look forward to better days, good opportunities and brighter tomorrow. So at dawn of March 12 I left Baguio for the Philippine Councilors League (PCL)national assembly and elections. I was curious to find out how the distinguished legislators all over the country conduct themselves as compared to members of other leagues. My office has been assisting all the local leagues for years now but I haven't had the interest until recently, triggered probably by my love to be with people and the fact that I had one good experience with one of the leagues not to mention that I was invited by one of the national contender for the presidency.

We arrived in Manila in high spirits, I was with the gentlemen legislators of Baguio, it was a great experience being with them and listening to their recounts of the past, present and what is to be.

I expected a well organized event but to my dismay, it was as chaotic as the gulf war... councilors were made to wait a day for accommodation only to be turned back with "there is no room available". Even those who paid in advance were treated similarly. Why collect in advance if you can not ensure that everything is pre-arranged before the arrival of delegates? There were no instructions on what to do upon arrival at the Trade Center, The queues in the registration, ID, food and kit booths were a mile long. Some of the delegates from Baguio sat on the booth assigned to them with no one to assist them. I had to find a way to assist them get their IDs, food stubs etc to somehow ease the pressure. You can hear people grumbling and frowning, hungry and didnt know where to get their food.

These are legislators from all over the archipelago who opted to exercise their rights of suffrage and put in place the next set of officers of the PCL. They took time from their hectic schedules to support the organization who should treat them with decency and dignity. These are respected people in their communities, people of integrity, people looked up to by their people. These are people who deserve the "red carpet" treatment.

One good thing with these legislators was that, they acted honorably despite the dishonor accorded them, some went to nearby hotels, some to relatives. All hotels nearby were occupied. I spent the night at a hotel way off from the election site, luck was with me.. after scouring most of the hotels in that block of Manila I found one that was good enough for me, thanks to a friend.

We lost in the elections, but we came home victorious.. we know better now. My friend told me "god has something better for our friend who lost" and I agree with him, maybe god wanted them to take a different route.. it was destined not to happen or it could have happened. One thing is sure though, they know better as my lady friend said "evelyn, i know better" whatever she meant, only she knows, I can only assume.

To the honorable councilors! try to do it better next time or rather revise your constitution and by-laws to limit the voters for the national officers. Remember that you are spending peoples' money to conduct your activities, let's limit it to the barest.

To the Liga ng mga Barangay, I salute you for a well-organized national elections!! I never saw one big activity like yours so well-managed and run... you deserve a commendation.

1 comment:

Jena Isle said...

That is a terrible experience evs. Nice post. Those in charge should be castigated...lol...

Anyway, welcome back, keep posting. Put some pictures too. Happy blogging.

Referral 3